Georgia's place on the internet for her musings while traveling

Friday 24 April 2009

Its kinda sad I only have one follower.....
Ah well, least I got 1!! Thanks Cam (I think tis you anyway.... Correct me if its actually you there reading this, hahaha... I think I am going insane...)
Just got into kyoto now Im waiting to check in which is at 3, even though its so close to three now, the Japanese like to keep their timings very strict.
Yeah.. Had a bit of a fuck up yesterday, tried to get on a bus to kanzawa from takayama, got half way there to the middle point where you get out for a bit. I thought that you got on the same bus, which i was told! But no, so I got on the same bus, driver stamped my ticket and everything and took me back to takayama! Thankfully being british I refused nothing less than they took me to kanzawa with no extra charge. So it worked out in the end...
Takayama is a lovely place with this mad floats that they use on their twice yearly parade, they are so fucking huge its mad! they dont even have doors big enough for them so have to take the tops down to get them out of the buildings....
Covered in gold and carvings and lanterns, really beautiful.
And there are temples pretty much everywhere, the inn I was at had free bikes so I went for a cycle round town for a while, stupid amount of temples for a town so small, I doubt I even saw half of them really....
Seem to be a lot of americans in this part of japan....
Kinda annoying but we shall se how loud they are!
Ooooo I might actually be able to check in and have a bath now, I need one from all the running around this morning getting trains and such...
Balalalala!
Ohhhh yeah, I ate a curry with chopsticks! A curry! Was very impressed, as were the resraunt owners who had given me a spoon and a sorry look.
Getting pretty good at cutting things up with them as well actually, By the time I get back I shall be a master of the chopsticks!
Right its bath time!

1 comment:

FallibleReason said...

"they gave me a spoon and a sorry look"...hahaha.. you sure did show them

So now i have a googleblogger ID so i can finally comment on your little blogs.

The updates are great and takayama sounds lovely

Mel xx