Georgia's place on the internet for her musings while traveling

Thursday 14 May 2009

I am now in China!!
The ferry journey was pretty cool but the boat was very small I thought it would be better but eh. I saw flying fish! Was realy cool cos I had never seen them before, so I spent a good hour looking out for them and ended up seeing quite a lot! Some of them even even blue and green! I made a couple of friends on board and came to the hostel with a japanese boy who is also doing a three month trip by himself and can speak pretty good english. So it was ncie to have someone with me to find the hostel because it ended up to be quite a task! They had changed from captin hostel to yha, and not changed on the internet and this confused me for a long time!
But the ferry trip was quite cool, I could actually see stars! Really nice cos there were a lot of them in the middle of nothing. Alll you could see was sea all around you and sometimes a random boat somewhere on the horizon!
So Shanghai is a very industrail city, I dont htink there is much here. I am not sure what to do with myself tomorrow, maybe try to find the train station. I have decided to find this holy mountain and climb up it. So that shuld be pretty cool, although there will be a lot of people also trying to climb up because I think it is in fact the holiest mountain in China. But it is meant to be very beautiful and there are guest houses on it so I will stay there and wake up early to have the mountain to myself before the others arrive!
Then I shall go and see the Confucious temple which is supposed to be amazing and not so many tourists, well not from outside of China anyway. I dont have a guide book for China so I hope this will all work out! Good luck to me!

No comments: